PLEASE NOTE* AIC’S MUST KEEP RECEIPTS FOR ANY/ALL EXPENSES MADE ON BEHALF OF THE SCHOOL. THIS INCLUDES VISA FEES/ENTRY AND OR EXIT DEPARTURE TAX PAYMENT STUBS, ANY MEDICAL PAYMENTS MADE TO PHYSICIANS….BASIC RULE IS IF IN DOUBT KEEP A RECEIPT!
ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE LIQUIDATED WITHIN ONE WEEK UPON YOUR RETURN FROM THE TRIP. EVERY PESO OF SCHOOL MONEY DISPENSED TO THE AIC MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR WITH A RECEIPT OTHERWISE UNACCOUNTED FUNDS WITHOUT A RECEIPT MAY BE DEDUCTED FROM AIC’S SALARY. RECEIPTS are not required for individuals per diems expenditure.
1. Coordinate with the ATAC Office to collect and carry travel documents of trip participants.
2. Sign, and take responsibility for, an emergency contingency fund. This is to cover the miscellaneous expenses that may occur from time to time. Eg: medical or immigration expenses. This contingency fund must be liquidated through the Accounting office, via the Athletic Director. See note above regards receipts and liquidation of school money!
3. Bring to the convention/competition site the completed permission/emergency/information forms each day of the event. These will be included in the travel bag.
4. On the bus to the airport review documents in travel folder and take note of any students with medical concerns such as asthma/diabetes/allergies etc…..
5. On arrival at airport assist coaches with distribution of passports, check in procedure and clearance through immigration on departure and arrival. Ensure one adult coach is at the back and front of the group through immigration. At no time should coaches/adults have cleared immigration with athletes still behind them yet to clear immigration or customs. If an athlete gets stopped or questioned by immigration or customs an adult needs to be there to assist and help as needed. This is a non negotiable procedural item that must be followed at all times on all trips!
6. Be present at all scheduled events. You are expected at all times to support the students in their endeavors at all matches and at all conventions.
7. Ensure that coaches/sponsors make their IASAS curfew telephone calls to each student every night.
8. Ensure that the coaches attend coaches meetings and complete the all-tournament selection form on time (if applicable).
9. Assist coaches and students with any entry or exit visas concerns (if applicable).
10. Remind coaches/sponsors that they are not to consume any alcoholic beverages in the presence of students. This includes alcohol with a meals on flights.
11. Be prepared to send a student back, if it is necessary to do so and enforce all aspects of the school travel code.
12. Accompany injured/ill students to doctor or hospital and arrange for medical treatment as required. AIC’s must fill in insurance/medical forms and get the attending doctor to sign the form before leaving. Forms are included in the travel folder.
13. If a student or coach loses any personal property ensure the ‘loss of property’ insurance form is completed and submitted to ATAC office upon return. This is required if an insurance claim will be made to recover costs!
14. Upon return to ISM, make sure all students are picked up or accounted for.